Green Beans, Goat Cheese and Caramelized Pecans
Recipe #78: Green Beans, Goat Cheese and Caramelized Pecans
- 2 tsp salt (for the cooking water)
- 1½ pounds trimmed green beans, cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ of a red onion, very finely chopped
- 1½ cups sweet spiced pecans (recipe here)
- 3 oz. mild goat cheese, crumbled
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans to the water and boil, just until the beans are tender and bright green, about 5 minutes (for very fresh green beans, they may only need about 3-4 minutes).
- While the beans boil, fill a large bowl with water and ice. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the beans to the ice water to stop the cooking process. When the beans are cool, strain them and transfer them to a serving bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar and mustard. Whisk in the olive oil until well incorporated. Add the chopped red onion and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- About 30 minutes before serving, remove the green beans from the refrigerator to allow them to come to room temperature. Drizzle the dressing over the top of the beans. Sprinkle spiced pecans and goat cheese over the green beans.